The past 15 years have seen an explosion in the volume and type of communication channels at home and in the workplace. In the commercial context, individuals are now expected to be able to communicate effectively in person, by telephone, Zoom, Skype, Teams, email, reports, in presentations, webinars – not to mention the plethora of social media platforms.
COVID-19 has changed the working environment – many more people are working remotely and organizations and teams need to bridge any real or perceived communication gaps that this may present.
The aim of this program is to develop the knowledge, skill and attitude of colleagues in order to improve all aspects of business communication skills and developing personal presence within the organization.
Course Facilitator: Catherine Bentley
Through a blend of discussions, activities and case studies, participants will
- UNDERSTAND the differences between verbal and non-verbal communication
- RECOGNIZE the principles of persuasion in all business communication types
- APPLY assertive style in communication
- APPRECIATE the Power of Language and Plain English for impactful communication
- IMPROVE listening skills
- RECOGNIZE different forms of non-verbal communication
- IMPROVE their ability to deliver and receive constructive feedback
- ELIMINATE common communication roadblocks
- ENHANCE levels of empathy in interaction internally and externally
- EVALUATE their own strengths & development areas
- INCREASE confidence in communication skills
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals required to communicate in a commercial environment both verbally and written formats
- Anyone wishing to improve the professionalism and effectiveness of their business communication to support career progression