For today’s managers, good communication plays an essential role in their success in the workplace and in their personal life. Effective communication in the workplace can play a crucial role in building trust, preventing and resolving problems, providing clarity and direction, promoting team work and creating better work relationships. Leaders who know how to communicate effectively with those around them will see increased engagement and better productivity, particularly since information technology has connected us together more closely, across geographical and cultural barriers.
In this workshop, we will focus on the different types of verbal and non-verbal communication, barriers to communication, strategies for powerful spoken and written communication and storytelling as a means of marketing products and services.
WORKSHOP FACILITATOR: Ambreen Saleh, International Development and Communication Specialist
- Identify different communication and cultural styles
- Identify barriers to communication in your workplace
- How to overcome internal barriers and create a healthy work environment
- Strategies for effective written/verbal communication for an external audience
- The benefits of digital vs. print mediums
- How to use storytelling and other strategies to promote your brand
Who should attend?
- Department Heads and Managers
- Marketing and Communication Specialists
- PR Executives
- Any employee interested in maximizing the power of good communication